GeneFreq was developed in the summer of 2018 to analyze differences in gene frequencies between control and experimental genome groups. It runs using the coding language Python.
Setup (In Progress)
- Download Python
- Download GeneFreq.py (below)
- Name 23andMe .txt files accordingly:
- This can be modified, but as the program is currently written, name all control files: 0.txt, 1.txt, 2.txt, etc… and all PSSD files: PSSD_0.txt, PSSD_1.txt, PSSD_2.txt, etc…
- Run program and enter information on number of genomes being analyzed, and proportion difference needed to flag a gene.
- Open output file to see genes of interest.